Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Weight Loss Journey

I was going to save this entry for a later time but right now I have the time and my blog needs a little more content so I will add it today. First I will start by saying that I have not lost a tremendous amount of weight but it is the emotional, social and physical changes that have affected me the most. When I was a child, up until I was about seven I was pretty much average, the same size as all my friends but that's when everything changed. My dad who thought he was doing a good thing for me by giving me what I wanted didn't realize that bringing me to fast food places for lunch twice a week was detrimental to my weight, mental, social and physical being. I was the chubby girl in school and people who I thought were my friends made fun of me and other kids would sometimes moo at me. I'd come home crying to my mommy after school and ask her why no body liked me. I knew the answer. One summer my parents put me in swimming lessons and I started shedding all the weight I had put on in my childhood years, the kids who mooed at me didn't even recognize me and things started to get better. I'd always been self concious of my weight and I finally decided to do something about it, I would try to work out all the time but I never changed my eating habits and for that I suffered. I never lost any weight but I didn't gain any either so obviously that wasn't working. When I got to high school I was starting to feel really confident in myself, I didn't feel like the chubby girl anymore like I had in elementry school, I felt like I fit in because I made new friends that were like me but things changed I would find that somehow comments would be said sometimes that made me feel like crap. I was sick of feeling bad about myself and being physically run down so I changed my eating habits to healthier foods and I started working out. Now i'm here, I've accepted my curvy body for what it is beautiful! I'm alot heathier, happier and fitter than I was. Since February I've lost a total of 9 pounds which may not be a large number but I am so proud of it because it's more than i've accomplished in a while. I went from weighing 143 pounds which is what i've been seeing on the scale for the last year or two to 134 pounds and I feel and look great. Sorry this entry is so long, but I think i've needed to get this story out for a while and I think that from here i'll just continue to move forward!

2 comments:

  1. Girl... this post is absolutely amazing! So inspiring! Thank you writing this, now I'm motivated even more to continue with healthy life! :)
    @PinkkElena from Twitter :)

    I followed you with my old blog (beauty-jelena), but now I'm following you with my NEW (fitandbeautifulme.blogspot.com) :)
    P.S. keep writing inspirational posts like this one ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh thanks girl!
    I was following you on your old blog so i'll follow you on your new one too.
    Glad I could help you in some way too.. keep up the good work! xo

    ReplyDelete